- SM North was officially eliminated from making the playoffs given their loss and the SM Northwest win.
- SM West's shutout of SM North was the first of the season, and the first one since shutting out SM East on September 7, 2007 of last season.
- Harvey's 152 rushing yards pushed his season total to 1,481 yards. Harvey is third in the state in rushing yards behind Wichita East senior running back, and Miami (FL) commit Bryce Brown (1,743 yards), and Olathe North junior running back James Franklin (1,550 yards).
- By gaining 19 more rushing yards Harvey will be able to join the exlusive 1,500 yard club at SM West. The tradition that was was put in place by head coach Tim Callaghan in 2003 has only one SM West member, former running back DJ Barnett, who as a senior in 2004 eclipsed that mark and rushed for over 1,900 yards.
- SM West junior quarterback DJ Balazs has passed for 898 yards and nine touchdowns on the season. His career record as a starter is 12-4 (.750).
SM West plays host to SM East (3-5, 0-2) next week at South District Stadium. With a victory West can complete its second undefeated regular season under Tim Callaghan. The game however is traditionally the biggest rivalry game for both teams. The Nut Cup is an trophy annually awarded to the winner of the game. SM West has held the trophy for well over a decade now.